Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful November - Day 8 & a recipe!

Crock Pot
In case you missed the memo, I heart my crock pot. I also heart recipes that don't require measuring, many of which I make in the crock pot. So today, I am thankful for both of those things.
*Chili recipe below*


Chili in the Crock Pot
I don't even know that I'd call this a 'recipe'. It's one of those meals that you can't really screw up, and everytime I make it, it's a little different. Here's what's cookin' today!

Ingredients
1 lbs ground beef (or ground turkey)
diced onion, amount to your liking (I used about 1/2 an onion)
diced green pepper, amount to your liking (I used about 1/2 an gp)
diced jalapenos, to your liking
sliced mushrooms (I use one small can, but fresh would work too)
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans mild chili beans
Tomato juice (I use about 3/4 container - and I like the spicy kind!)
Tomato paste (for thickening)
minced garlic
chili powder
cayenne pepper (added spice!)
salt
pepper

In a saucepan, brown ground beef. Add a few dashes of cayenne pepper and chili powder. Add onion, green pepper and mushrooms and saute. Once cooked, put into the crock pot. Add beans, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper, and tomato juice. Cook on low until you are ready to eat! Towards the end, depending on consistency, add tomato paste to thicken.

*You can also brown the meat the night before and store in the refrigerator over night to make this a quicker process in the morning before work.



2 comments:

  1. I have the same crock pot : )
    Have you tried the crock pot liners? Makes clean up a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey C- the button is fixed! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete