Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

When I was pregnant, I was searching for super easy recipes to have on hand for when the baby (a.k.a. Easton) came. My awesome friend, Nicole, who also happened to be pregnant at the time, was telling me about a Chicken Pot Pie she makes. And who doesn't love Chicken Pot Pie?!? This has definitely become a regular on our menu - not only is it easy, but it's sooo good! I can't wait for the leftovers - yum!

Ingredients:
2 frozen pie crusts -- they come in packs of 2 and you can find them in the freezer section with desserts (I buy deep dish)
1 rotisserie chicken
2 cans mixed veggies, drained (can also use frozen or fresh if you prefer)
1 large can chicken gravy (I only had 2 smalls so I used 1.5)


Preheat over to 350 degrees. Remove pie crust from freezer. Keep one pie crust in the container and remove the other, laying the pie crust flat on counter to thaw (this will be the top) while you prepare everything else. Pull the chicken meat off the bones and shred into bite-size pieces. In a bowl, mix 2 cans frozen vegetables, chicken and gravy. Mix well so chicken and vegetables are covered with gravy. Pour into pie crust. Cover with additional pie crust and pinch sides to close. Using a knife, make a couple small slits in the top. Place on baking sheet while cooking to catch any spillage. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until pie crust is golden.

(I need to work on the presentation of this!)

While this isn't the most beautiful meal when it's served, I recommend slicing and then serving with a spoon. 
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think we will be trying this next week, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete