Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jalapeno Chicken

So, we have these awesome neighbors.....and they have an awesome garden!! There was actually a short period of time which I considered starting a garden, but changed my mind when I started reaping the benefits of theirs. :) It started with zucchini, which led to me needing their zucchini bread recipe and even a few of their ingredients. Next came peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce and yes, more zucchini. We have really made out pretty well, and soon, Easton will get to sample some of their goods! Most recently, Greg canned jalapenos -- 18 jars to be exact -- and lucky for us, he wanted us to have some. So jalapeno recipes I went a searching......


 
* 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts - sliced in half (the hamburger way)
* Italian dressing to marinade
* Sliced jalapenos
* Appx 3 oz cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat)
* 2 slices bacon 
* Toothpicks
1. Place chicken breasts in a dish with the dressing. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator - I only did 20 minutes and that was fine.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
3. Spread the cream cheese inside each chicken breast and add in jalapenos. Wrap chicken with bacon and secure with toothpick.
4. Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning frequently, or until bacon is browned and the chicken juices run clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment