Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Easy Beef Enchiladas

This was my first attempt at beef enchiladas and I have to say I was impressed, as was the hubby. Not only were these super easy for a weekday meal, but they were delicious -- and also fed us for the next 2 meals. I have to give credit to Molly for these -- as I do for most of my recipes. Thanks to Molly, you have helped  renew my love for cooking!

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 cup cooked white rice (yes that says cooked!)
1 can refried beans (not warmed!)
1 can cream of chicken soup (I've used cream of mush before and it was just as good)
1 jar of salsa
8 burrito size tortilla shells
2 cups shredded chesse

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan. Brown the ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning and however much water it calls for. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Add in the (cooked) rice and stir it up real good!
2. Take the tortilla, spread a spoonful of refried beans on the tortilla. Spoon the meat mixture on top of that. Sprinkle with cheese and roll it up. Put the rolled tortilla seam side down into the 9x13 pan. Repeat until all your tortillas are gone- or the meat mix is gone - or the pan is full.
3. Combine the cream of chicken soup and the jar of salsa in a bowl. Mix well. Pour the mix over the tortillas in the pan. Sprinkle with the remainder of the cheese.
4. Put the pan in the oven for 30 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove, cool and enjoy! I like to serve with a side of sour cream, avocado and sometimes extra salsa. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. I usually make chicken enchiladas.. I've been wanting to try ground beef ones though. Maybe I'll try this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! How are they with ground turkey? I love turkey and turkey bacon, but I can't seem to get on board with ground turkey!

    ReplyDelete