Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Never Say Never!

Before I was a mom, I always said, "When I have kids, I'll never do that", when referring to many situations. For Toddle Along Tuesday, moms all over are linking up, sharing their "I'll Never..." stories. Here are just a few of mine, along with my success/failure results:
Me and Easton - Mother's Day 2012
  • Drive a van - Growing up, I always said that I wouldn't be caught dead driving a van. And while I only have one kid and don't really have the need for a van, I have to admit that I wouldn't be disappointed if the need for a van arose. I think vans have come a long way over the past decade and are super practical for a family with kids and pets. Just a few of the features that are highly attractive to me as a mom are the power sliding doors, the seats folding into the floor, the entertainment system including multi-disc dvd and the extensive cargo space. But for now, my Edge will do.
  • Listen to kid music in the car - While I have yet to listen to kid music in the car, I am guilty of singing kid song to Easton while trying to calm him when he's upset in the car or put him to sleep. "Hush Little Baby", "You are my Sunshine" and "How Much is That Doggy in the Window?" are a few of his favorites.
  • Co-sleep - Not only did I say I wouldn't co-sleep for the sake of my child's safety, but also because our bed is the only place and time that Bryan and I have to ourselves everyday. It's the one place we can go to spend uninterrupted time together and I'd like to keep it that way. Now, if only I could figure out a way to kick the dog out!
  • Sing cartoon theme songs - I used to make fun of my sister who would sing along with the "Yo Gabba Gabba" and "Wow Wow Wubbzy" theme songs, only to find myself now singing "Little Einsteins" and "Chuggington" while in the absense of my child!
  • Swear in front of my kids - Easier said than done....but my justification is that he doesn't understand. However, at the age of 1, he's learning new sounds and mimicking everything we say, so it's time we really try and nix this habit!
What are some things you said you'd never do as a parent??


2 comments:

  1. I'm the same with swearing! That's so hard. Sometimes I don't even realize it until its done. I just hope I dont have the kid saying "oh *@#*" at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're struggling not to swear so much too. Aidan wanders around shouting the s-word. Fail.

    ReplyDelete