Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, April 16, 2012

Celebrating ONE!

Well here we have it. First birthday come and gone. And the celebration was one to remember! Way back before I can even remember, I secured the date and theme: The Cat in the Hat. From there, I went on a pinterest rampage, pinning every Cat in the Hat party idea possible. The possibilities were endless, it was up to me to decide how crazy I wanted to get.

On his actual birthday, we started the morning out with balloons, followed by pancakes, some shopping and finished it off with grilled cheese and a cupcake! Easton couldn't have been more thrilled!


Invitations for the big day were created by none other than ME! I fiddled around with the wording, and landed on the following. I was quite pleased with the DIY-ness.

Next up, the decorations. I decided I didn't want to go Cat in the Hat overboard, so my focus was the color scheme; red, white and turquoise. Being April, we weren't sure what to expect as far as weather, so we hoped for the best and planned for the worst. That being said, we kept decorations simple, with the chance that there'd be 50+ people inside (15 being 5 and under) and decorations would go overlooked anyway. My mother-in-law snatched up an awesome Cat in the Hat cutout on display at Kroger which was a great addition to the decor!

A Year of Easton progression display:

One of my favorite pinterest replica's was Dr. Seuss's Happy Birthday To You guest book. I displayed the book on the entry table as guests arrived with a cute sign asking them to write a birthday note to Easton. This will be fun to read to him each year on his birthday!

And Easton's party attire (sorry for the lack of good photos):

Next was the food. I spent lots of time pondering over the menu and landed on festive, yet simple. That being said, we had a schmorisborg of appetizers (which I failed to get a picture of), that entailed green (deviled) eggs and ham (rolls), truffula fruits, oodles of noodles, wings and things (chicken wings), pink yink ink drink and more! The main course: pizza! Because who doesn't like pizza, well, besides Carter ;)! And since I"m lacking pictures of the food display, I'll showcase some of the party guests.






And last but certainly not least, the goods: dessert!! Cookies came highly recommended by a neighbor, and the smash cake was courtesy of Aunt Coll. Thanks to pinterest for the adorable marshmallow pops idea!



Easton was not shy when it came time for cake. I'm not sure how he felt about all the singing (perhaps we were all a little off key), but come cake, he was both hands in!



 All done!

We lucked out with the weather. It was a perfect 60 and sunny and that was a huge relief. We pulled out all sorts of things with wheels, blew up the bounce house and wore all the kiddos out.





Each little one left the party with none other than a Dr. Seuss coloring book.

And talk about presents! Can I please show you how spoiled this kid is?
The gift bag below won for 'most creative' and Easton got his very own table set from mommy and daddy!

And what's a party without the traditional fab 4 shot:

Well, that's a wrap! And as bittersweet as it is to say that I have a ONE year old, I'm looking forward to year two!

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment