Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gettin' Back in the Groove!

I'm in a blog funk. It's been a long week and I have so much on my mind that I don't even know where to start. I still can't believe everything that has happened. But given everything that we've been through, we got the best possible outcome.We returned home on Sunday after 5 days in the hospital with a cancer diagnosis and surgery to remove the cancerous tumor and Easton is recovering great. He is just as happy, playful and giggly as ever and a 6 inch incision on his belly doesn't even phase him! Pathology reports from the Wilms Tumor came back, and as doctors expected, the tumor was completely encased, did not spread and Easton will not need chemo. We are so incredibly relieved!! This past week has been quite a rollercoaster ride but the biggest ride is over and the lines should be much shorter from here on out. We have decided to enroll Easton in a clinical trial in which he'll be monitored closely for the next 3-5 years by oncologists at UofM. We are scheduled to meet with the oncologists next Tuesday to discuss details of the trail and get a better understanding of it.
Easton post-surgery

In the meantime, I took this week off work to focus on Easton, compose myself and get my life back in order. And while I'm sad that my time off is coming to an end, I'm relieved that it's because Easton is doing well and we are able to return to life as we once knew it - although I'm sure I'll be the most paranoid mother ever from here on out.

This incident has changed our lives in so many ways, it has strengthened so many relationships and opened our eyes to a whole new world of friendships. Every facebook and blog post resulted in comments and I am still shocked by the 152 facebook 'likes'  on my most recent status update that Easton will not need chemo. 152!!! I am BLOWN AWAY! Not to mention the cards, visits, meals and care packages from friends, family and neighbors. We are seriously surroundedby  an army of supporters and feel so fortunate to know we touch the lives of some many! So thank you to everyone who has reached out to us - one way or another! The power of prayer is amazing!
Who would ever think this little boy just had major surgery? 4 days post-op and he's back!

And check it out -- our friend Sophie joined us at the hospital and got us featured over at Hello Jack blog!

3 comments:

  1. So glad he's doing better! I'll keep him and your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's such a strong, happy, handsome boy! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm way backed up on my Reader, but I am so so so glad to read this!!! I saw your little saga post too, but I feel so happy for your general outcome with this! Go Easton go!

    ReplyDelete