Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker

Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Remember

I was a freshman in college. My roommate and best friend, Tara and I were in the cafeteria eating breakfast, when we returned to our dorm and had numerous missed calls. I remember thinking "Is everything OK?". A gazillion things ran through my mind of what could possibly be wrong. Tara returned her mom's call - she sounded frantic and was so glad to hear from Tara. She told us to turn on the tv. Little did we know that what we were about to see would change our lives, and the world, forever.


We turned on the tv just in time to see the plane hit the second tower of the World Trade Center. I was in completely and utter shock -- this was NOT what I had expected to see. Classes were cancelled and we spent the rest of the day curled up on the futon, glued to the television, watching the attack on America unfold before us.

Today, we remember those who lost their lives on that day. We pray for the victims, the policemen, firefighters, friends and families touched by this awful chain of events. We pray for the men and women fighting for our country. And I pray that my son will never, ever have to witness such tragedy. I pray that his world will be so much better, and safer, than ours.

I will never forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment