Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

 Pregnancy Ticker

Friday, February 24, 2012

Kale Chips

Long story short -- I got my sister hooked on making baby food (yes, I'm lacking a baby food making post, but it's on my to-do list) and she returned the favor by introducing me to some new and interesting baby food combinations. Her latest concoction for Zain: carrots, bananas, blueberries, pears and kale. Interesting, right? Kale, really? Never in a million years would I think to mix such a variety of ingredients for my baby, but what a great way to incorporate a daily dose of fruits and veggies. So, to the store I went to get me some kale. Little did I know it was so cheap - a 1/2 lb bunch for $.79! Now that's a lot of kale, and I knew it would never last long enough for Easton to eat it all, so I found myself searching my other uses. Thank you pinterest for never letting me down. Kale chips = super easy and healthy!
Ingredients:
Kale
Olive Oil
SeaSalt

Start by washing the kale. I tore the kale off the stem and threw it in my salad spinner for a quick rinse. Toss the kale in a bowl with a few glugs of olive oil and sprinkle with the sea salt. Spread the kale out on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown and curling up.

Here you have it, crispy, crunchy, delicious kale chips. You won't eat just one! Just ask Easton. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment